Asian food has attained much attention in the country in the last few years. Still, there is one small problem: not every person is into nonvegetarian food, and even if they are, there are different choices of meat that do not reciprocate with the country’s masses, then how will they enjoy the rich and healthy Korean cuisines at home?
You can easily prepare it at home in a few easy steps. The recipe involves a lot of veggies and can be prepared within half an hour.
Bibimbap is a Korean rice bowl topped with different kinds of seasoned vegetables, meat (usually beef but optional in this recipe), fried egg (optional), and the Korean chilli pepper paste.
Here is the recipe for vegetarian Bibimbap:
- ½ cup of Bean sprouts
- ½ chopped Spinach
- 1 cup chopped Carrots
- 1 cup chopped Zucchini
- Use mushrooms instead of meat
- Eggs (optional)
- 2 cups of Steamed White rice
- 1/3 cup chopped Scallions
- Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Three tablespoons of red chilli sauce
- Heat the Sesame Oil in a large pan,
- Cook the vegetables such as the carrots, sprouts, mushrooms zucchini in the hot oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and leave the vegetables aside.
- Add the cooked rice, scallions, pepper, and soy sauce into the pan till the rice is hot.
- You can melt the butter in another pan and fry the eggs (optional).
- This is the time to serve the Bibimbap! Serve the rice with red chilli sauce.
- You are all set to eat it right away.
These instructions are for three servings.
Nutrition Facts: 395 calories; 13.6g of protein, 45g of carbohydrates, 18.8g of fats
You can have your Vegetarian Bibimbap with kimchi, and the very famous Bibimbap comes from Jeonju, the capital city of the Northern Province of Jeolla. They are well known for the elaborate preparations with about 30 different toppings!