Coconut water found in tender coconut is exceptionally delicious and beneficial for your health. Coconut water enriches with nutrients that are essential for our health. Coconut water contains minimal calories and cholesterol making it healthy for your body. Athletes and individuals, who are passionate about their fitness, prefer this. They limit their intake of sugar and carbonated beverages which makes coconut water an ideal drink for them.
The nutritional compounds in tender coconut water include:
- Antioxidant properties
- Amino acids
What are the benefits of Tender Coconut water?
- It helps in controlling blood sugar levels: Coconut water enriches magnesium. Magnesium is beneficial for insulin sensitivity which helps in reducing blood sugar levels.
- It might reduce the possibility of developing kidney stones: Coconut water prevents stones in kidneys.
- Beneficial for the heart’s health: Coconut water lowers cholesterol levels which reduces the chances of developing any heart disease.
- Beneficial in reducing blood pressure levels: The potassium compounds in coconut water helps in lowering blood pressure levels and prevents blood clotting.
- Low in calories
- Enriched with important nutrients
- Keeps you hydrated
Here is a recipe for tender coconut water, which is super tasty and healthy.
Tender Coconut Cooler
- Coconut water- 400 ml
- Coconut flesh- 1/2 cup
- Sugar- 1 tsp (optional)
- Ice cubes- crushed
- Vanilla essence- 1 tsp.
- Mint leaves- for garnish.
- Take a blender and in it, add the coconut water along with coconut flesh. Blend them for approximately 2 minutes. (It is okay for the coconut flesh not to blend smoothly, the taste of coconut flesh will be improved if some bits come while drinking the cooler)
- After blending the two ingredients, add the vanilla essence and sugar if needed.
- Blend it again for a minute.
- Now take a tall glass, add some crushed ice to it. Pour the drink on the glass.
- Now add some coconut flesh and mint leaves on top of the drink, and it is ready to serve.