If you want to stay fit and shed some extra kilos then cardio exercises are one of the best ways to procure a lean and slim body. Cardio exercises work by increasing the heart rate and burning the calories in form of glucose and fat. It does not involve lifting heavy weight. Before doing cardio, one should know that there are certain ways of exercising and not all cardio exercises are good for health and weight loss. As per researchers, one should do high-intensity cardio exercises for losing fat and should avoid moderate-intensity cardio exercises as it leads to the loss of muscles and also hurt the joints.
Benefits of doing cardio –
1. Cardio exercises improve the productivity of the body and make us feel active.
2. Some exercises help in improving the heart and lung capacity.
3. They also help in strengthening the bones and muscles.
4. Energy level gets increased after a cardio session.
5. The confidence level of an individual gets boosted and he/she is prevented from anxiety and depression.
Try these cardio exercises given below to get back in shape –
1. Sprinting – Sprints are the best way to warm your body up and kickstart the workout. No matter you sprint on a treadmill or in the park, all you need to do is burn the maximum amount of calories in a limited amount of time. Sprinting is really simple. All you need to do is increase your speed and intensity and start jogging. Go full-stream with your sprints and watch your workout is surely going to pay off.
Benefit – Sprinting helps in providing movement to every muscle of the body. No muscle of the body is left unworked.
Timings – 30 mins.
Calories burned – Nearly 1200 -1500 calories.
2. Skipping or rope jumping – Chances are you must have tried skipping or jumping rope during childhood for fun. But this time get yourself a rope as it is the best kind of cardio which can be done indoors or outdoors. All you need to do is turn on the music and start skipping. Also, do not forget to keep a count on the number of skips. Start with the traditional and convenient slow speed skipping. Once your body becomes accustomed to skipping, start exploring the other ways which are most effective for losing weight.
Benefit – Jumping rope improves the elasticity and resilience of the body. It also spikes the heart rate.
Timings – 30 mins to 50 mins.
Calories burned – 500 – 800 calories.
3. Stair climb – If you like to stay indoors but you need to work out then staircase of your home is a blessing in disguise for you. Climbing and descending from the stairs is a fantastic way to shed extra pounds which you have gained so far. The stair climb exercise is quite simple yet one of the most effective forms of cardio. You need to maintain the pace while climbing and descending from the staircase. Because of the leg lifts involved, climbing the stairs can strengthen the legs. It also increases your core strength.
Benefit – Stair climbing may drain you for a while but it can provide a fantastic shape to your lower body apart from keeping you fit.
Timings – 30 mins
Calories burned – 600 – 800 calories.
4. Cycling – Well, we believe some pedalling for your good health is a wiser decision than scrolling your smartphone. Cycling at an intense speed can help in burning large amount of calories. Continually repeating this exercise can make you lean and slim within a few days. There are plenty of ways to incorporate cycling into your daily workout. Instead of taking your car, cab or bike to the nearest grocery store, take a trip via cycle. Ride to the nearest places on cycle as it will save your time and also contribute to staying fit and fine.
Benefit – it is one of the most intense workouts that helps in shedding weight at a greater speed. Also, it involves the movement of the whole body.
Timings – 30 mins
Calories burned – 400 – 500 calories.
5. Burpee – Burpee helps in preparing oneself for an intense workout. The best thing about burpee is you can do this cardio exercise any time as per your convenience. You don’t need to look for a specific place to start doing this cardio exercise as you can do this one at any corner of the home. Make sure you spare some time for it and start by jogging on the spot for at least a minute or more. For doing a burpee, bend down and prepare yourself in a leaning position. Now, jump up into the air and swing your arms. Once you land, bend your knees and move towards the ground. Once you complete this, start doing a few pushups. Try doing a burpee for 10 to 15 minutes without any break.
Benefit – Burpee is a full body cardio exercise and helps the body in attaining functional fitness. Your arms, chest, abs, quads, and hamstrings all get worked out while you do this cardio exercise. Doing a few sets of burpee, your legs too start getting shaped.
Timings – 15 minutes.
Calories burned – 500 calories.
6. Jumping jacks – Jumping jack is a classic cardio exercise which helps in burning a good amount of calories. It also helps in reducing tummy fat and toning of thighs and quadriceps. Jump repeatedly while stretching the feet wide while circling the arms overhead and bringing them back. Repeat the same process for a while till you feel drained. Remember, do not get completely exhausted while doing this cardio exercise.
Benefit – Jumping jacks require quickness and energy so they create a high impact over the body. The regular practice of this exercise can help in losing a few kilos within a month.
Timings – 30 minutes with regular intervals.
Calories burned – 800 to 1000 calories.
So, go for it and shed some extra pounds from your body. Do not forget to stay hydrated and perform all the exercises in the right way.
527 total views, 3 views today