The versatile and amazing aloe vera requires no introductory speech. The benefits of aloe vera, a wondrous herb, are universally known and this plant has won a permanent place in every Indian household. Aloe vera is not just a simple plant similar to a cactus in appearance with roots sitting outside in your balcony or a garden, it is the essence of an industry with its products ranging from beauty creams and shampoos, from diet supplements to healthy juices. With time, aloe vera has become a core ingredient of everything we use. Be it skin, hair or health ailments, this plant cures it all.
Aloe Vera Benefits for Skincare
1. Acts as a skin moisturizer: Acting as a natural moisturizer for all types of skins is one of the benefits of Aloe Vera. As aloe vera is enriched with good water content, it softens the skin without making it oily or greasy and without clogging the pores. Just extract the aloe vera gel directly from the plant and apply it on your skin. It is a good alternative against the chemicals infused moisturizers available in the market.
2. Acts against premature signs of aging: With the aging of the skin, it gets moistureless and loses its elasticity. This leads to fine lines and wrinkles on the skin. Aloe vera is a good remedy to avoid these premature signs of aging by softening and brightening the skin, removing the dead cells, and increasing the elasticity of the skin.
3. Reduces acne and skin blemishes: Aloe vera is a magical wand in treating acne and reducing scars and blemishes from the skin. It contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agents which help in acne reduction and increases new cells growth. Mix aloe vera gel, sugar, and some lemon juice together and apply it on your skin. The aloe vera gel will cleanse the skin, sugar will remove the dead cells, and the lemon juice will reduce the scars and tan from the skin. Lemon juice has skin lightening characteristics and adding few drops of it in the aloe vera gel will benefit in reducing the acne and its scars.
4. Treats Wounds & bites from insects: The anti-inflammatory properties of the aloe vera helps in healing the wounds, blisters, and skin allergies from insect bites. Applying aloe vera to the affected areas gets you rid of the burning or itchy sensations and gives a cooling effect.
5. Heals sunburns: Aloe vera is very effective in treating sunburns and other sun-related skin ailments. Its anti-inflammatory properties soothe and imparts a cool feeling to the skin, decreases inflammation and redness caused by UV rays of the sun. The antioxidants and nutritional characteristics of the aloe vera provide moisture to the skin and heals the sunburns quickly.
6. Stretch marks reduction: We often feel ashamed of the stretch marks visible on our abdomen area when wearing a saree or a lehenga. These stretch marks can be due to pregnancy or weight gain. Using aloe vera products regularly will be very beneficial in reducing these stretch marks.
7. Strengthen nails: Massaging nails with aloe vera makes them strong and improves their shine.
8. Makes skin less oily: The astringent characteristics of aloe vera helps in the reduction of excessive oil produced on the face.
Aloe Vera Benefits for Haircare
1. Boosts hair growth: Aloe vera when combined with castor oil can help in hair growth. Applying this mixture on hair and keeping it overnight will reduce hair fall and promote the growth of hair. Its nutritional benefits help in removing the dead cells from the scalp and foster hair growth.
2. Retains pH level of the scalp: The imbalance in the pH levels of hair will create unlimited hair problems. So maintaining the pH levels becomes necessary and aloe vera proves beneficial in that. Normally, the pH level of the scalp is 5.5, which makes it acidic. Aloe Vera helps in retaining the pH balance of your scalp and encourages healthier hair.
3. Treats dandruff: Aloe vera is very advantageous and beneficial for treating dandruff and itchy scalp. It helps in removing the dead cells from the scalp and moisturizes it. The anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties of aloe vera also prevent infections and cool the scalp.
4. Conditions Hair: Aloe vera acts as a natural moisturizer for the skin as well as hair. It hydrates and softens hair from within, making them strong and shiny.
5. Reduces hair loss: The anti-inflammatory properties of the aloe vera prevents hair loss. Aloe vera reduces the brittleness and moisturizes the hair from the roots, thereby making hair soft and smooth.
Aloe Vera Benefits for Healthcare
1. Improves Digestion: Aloe vera juice benefits in promoting good digestion and better absorption of nutrients. It removes the toxic elements through smooth excretion from the body. Usage of this juice keeps the stomach problems like piles, constipation, ulcers, and other gastrointestinal conditions away from your system.
2. Boosts Immunity: Aloe vera benefits in boosting immunity as well. Aloe vera juice contains detoxifying characteristics that efficiently cleanse our circulatory as well as the digestive system. The degree of absorption of nutrients in the body gets accelerated which eventually leads to better circulation of blood and improved health. This juice neutralizes the harmful effects of bacteria and increases your immunity.
3. Eating aloe vera or drinking aloe vera juice is a wonderful remedy to relieve oneself of menstrual pains.
4. Lowers Arthritis Pain: Aloe vera’s incredible anti-inflammatory properties helps in curing the pain and swelling arising from arthritis.
5. Reduces cancer risk: Aloe vera reduces the risk of the development of cancerous tumors by strengthening the immune system of the human body.
6. Calms Acid Reflux: Acid reflux is a symptom that includes heartburn and discomfort in the body. Consuming aloe vera juice helps in reducing this symptom.
7. Reduces Cholesterol: Drinking aloe vera gel improves the quality of blood and balances the cholesterol and glucose levels in the body.
8. Cures dental and gum diseases: Incorporating aloe vera gel or powder in your dental care can cure dental and gum-related diseases. This will soothe your gums and keep them healthy.
9. Reduces Joint & Muscle Pain: Aloe vera’s anti-inflammatory properties relieves one from the joint and muscle pains. Consuming aloe vera in the form of capsules, or juice can reduce pain in the body.