Samsung, one of the leading Smartphone brands, took its profile a few notches higher with the 2016 editions of its Galaxy J5 and Galaxy J7 phones. Both the phones have metal frames with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow as their operating software. Both the phones are fitted with TouchWiz user interfaces with front and rear cameras being five and 13 megapixels respectively.
Galaxy J5 is worth INR 13,990 and Galaxy J7 is worth INR 15,990. They are also being sold through Flipkart.
Both the smartphones are available in different colours: Radiant Gold, Pearl White and Midnight Black. Their predecessors – the original Galaxy J5 and Galaxy J7 – were launched during July 2015. The newest phones were first shown in China.
In fact, the same phones have been launched in Korea as well. The Indian version of the updated Galaxy J7 has 2 GB RAM while its Chinese version has 3 GB RAM. The HD display of the Chinese phone is better with a full HD display. The Indian phone has a basic HD display.
These two phones are capable of supporting 4G (LTE Cat. 4) systems. The rear camera of both the phones has LED flash along with f/1.9 aperture. The aperture is the same in the front cameras of both the phones while the flash is only a basic one.
Double data offer
Samsung has also come up with a double data offer that will be provided in association with Airtel and will be applicable for both the phones. Consumers will be able to avail free data up to 30 GB for a period of six months.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016)
- The updated version of Samsung Galaxy J5 has a 5.2 inch HD display and measurements of 720×1280 pixels.
- The display is Super Amoled.
- It also has a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor.
- The phone has a storage capacity of 16 GB but it can be increased by as much as 128 GB through microSD cards.
- It also has a 3100 mAh battery.
- The phone weighs 158 grams.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016)
- The latest version of Samsung Galaxy J7 has a display screen of 5.5 inches with measurements of 720×1280 pixels.
- The display is Super Amoled.
- It has a 1.6 GHz Exynos octa-core processor.
- The storage capacity is similar to Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016).
- The phone’s weight is 169 grams and it has a 3300 mAh battery.
How is Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) better than Samsung Galaxy J5?
- The new phone has better battery capacity at 3100 mAh compared to the 2600 mAh of Galaxy J5.
- The screen size is also bigger at 5.2 inches compared to the 5 inches of the previous phone.
- It has 2 GB RAM compared to the 1.5 GB of the earlier phone.
- The internal storage of the new phone has also doubled the previous one at 16 GB.
- The new phone comes with front flash facility that the earlier phone did not have.
- The new phone has an ambient light sensor, which Galaxy J5 lacked.
- Galaxy J5 (2016) supports 4G/LTE connection, a facility which the previous phone did not have.
How is Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) better than Samsung Galaxy J7?
- The new phone is lighter by a gram.
- Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) has a 3300 mAh battery as compared to the 3000 mAh battery in its previous version.
- It has a 1.6 GHz octa-core processor as opposed to the 1.5 GHz octa-core processor of the earlier phone.
- The updated version has greater RAM capacity – 2 GB compared to 1.5 GB.
- The latest version of the phone runs on Android 6.0.1 and the earlier phone used to run on Android 5.1.
- The new phone supports 4G/LTE connections, which was not the case with the previous phone. Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) has an ambient light sensor, which the previous phone did not have.