Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan, has been planned as per the guidelines of Vastu Shastra. While designing Chandigarh, Le Corbusier applied the principles of Vastu Shastra with modern architecture. Many modern projects like Vidhan Bhavan in Bhopal and Gandhi Smarak Sangrahalaya in Ahmedabad have been constructed as per Vastu. Most of the business houses consult Vastu experts to stay on the other side of loss. But, how does adhering to Vastu Shastra help your business?
Vastu Shastra is a science that deals with the construction and architecture. It is a part of Vastu Vidya, and applied with the ‘Atharvaveda’ (Economics), which lays the guidelines for architecture, design and construction and the same principles are applied to business houses. It is a Sanskrit word which translates to Science of architecture. The idea of a Vastu Shasta has been integrated in the Indian culture since the ancient times, but despite that it still holds its importance in the present architectural designs. Constructing a house or a building according to Vastru Shastra is said to bring in harmony within the environment of the place. Also, there is positive and affable effect on the inhabitants.
As an ancient science, it describes principles of design, layout, space arrangement and spatial geometry.
Rules of Vastu Shashtra are observed by balancing the five elements of environment – ‘Panchabhutas’ (Water, Fire, Earth, Air, and Space). These rules define the directions and state what to place where and what should be avoided for the growth and prosperity of business.
Let’s have a look at some of the Vastu tips for the success of your business:
- If you are looking for a land or plot for your office, factory or any other commercial purpose, then go for Shermukhi plot. These plots are broader from front and narrow at the end. Also try to purchase land close to roads that are highly operational.
- Office building should face north, north-east or north-west direction as it brings good luck and positive energy.
- According to vastu shastra, the main door or entrance of the office building should face east or north direction. Do not place anything that creates obstacle close to or in front of main entrance.
- Welcome room of business houses should be located in the east direction or the north-east corner of the business houses or offices.
- Keep the central part of office building empty.
- Room of office owner should be in south-west direction and he or she should sit facing north. Do not place temple or idols behind the owner’s seat. There should be a concrete wall behind owner’s seat and not any glass structure. His or her desk should be rectangular.
- Staff should work facing the north or east directions.
- To ensure a strong financial support system, free the north-west (NW) zone of the business house from anti-elements and activities. Do not build toilet in this zone as it will hamper the financial support. since white horses symbolise financial support, they can be placed in NW zone.
- Accounts department should be in the north and east zone and employees dealing with bank and cash transaction should sit facing east and north direction. All the financial records should be kept in central north or southwest of the cabinet.
- Businesses work on payments and new orders. With the help of Vastu you can make this process smoother. Do not build pantry or paint the north zone in red or pink. Similarly, free the south-east zone from blue colour and use green plants.
- Conference room should be placed in the north-west direction.
- You can place an aquarium with nine goldfish and one blackfish in the North-East direction.
- Desks or workstations should be rectangular or square but not L-shaped. Any irregular shape creates confusion and should be avoided
- All the electrical equipment should be placed in the south-east direction of the office building.
- If your business is related to manufacturing, it should start from south and then move towards north and west before reaching east.
More Vastu Tips for Business: Where to Build What?
- Entrance door – East or North direction
- Owner’s room – Southwest
- Accounts department – Southeast
- Cashier’s office – North direction
- Marketing department – Northwest
- Staff – Northwest
- Guard room – Northwest
- Pantry – Southeast
- Conference room – Northwest
- Temple in office – Northeast
- Locker – Southwest and open facing North
- Reception – Northeast receptionist sit facing either East or North direction
- Heavyweight objects or machinery – Southwest
- Open and clean area – Northeast
- Toilets – Northeast and Southwest
- Labourer’s house – Northwest
- Water tank – Southwest or West direction
- Staircase – South, West and Southwest locations
Right choice of the infrastructure can help your business flourish and maintain financial stability.