PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card is a national identity which is necessary to carry out a financial transaction. As per the RBI guidelines, it is mandatory for an Indian citizen to have PAN card, which contains a 10-digit alphanumeric identity allotted by the income tax department to an individual for conducting online transaction and other transactions such as applying for a debit/credit card, loans, opening a savings account etc.
To apply for PAN Card Online-
1. There are two government websites where you can apply online to get the PAN Card-
NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) website: https://www.tin-nsdl.com/
or UTIITSL (UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited) website: https://www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE/
2. To apply for PAN Card the individual has to fill form 49A
(Instructions to fill 49A form can be obtained from- https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/Instructions49A.html#instruct_form49A
To apply for PAN Card online using Aadhaar Card-
If you have an Aadhaar card then it is relatively easy to procure a PAN Card as you don’t need to upload photo, signature or other supporting documents. If you are using the e-KYC and e-sign facility your Aadhaar photograph will appear in the PAN Card.
To apply for PAN Card without using Aadhaar Card-
You will have to upload all required documents like photo, signature, address proof, identity proof, date of birth proof etc. If you are not having an Aadhaar card then you can send above-mentioned supporting documents through courier to NSDL.
How to apply for e-PAN Card?
e-PAN is a digitally signed PAN Card issued by the Income Tax Department in the electronic format using Aadhaar e-KYC (Know Your Customer, which is an online service provided by the UIDAI for verification of identity and address of Aadhaar card holder).
You can get your instant e-PAN Card on the basis of e-KYC from the Income Tax Department free of cost. This facility is available for a limited period and is being provided on first-come-first-serve basis.
Note: e-PAN facility is only provided to the resident individuals (except minors) and not to Hindu Undivided Family (HUF), firms, trusts and companies etc.
Before availing e-PAN facility keep in mind-
- Minors can’t apply for e-PAN.
- Those who already have PAN Card are not required to apply.
- Individuals should have valid Aadhaar Card number linked to their active mobile number.
- An individual needs to visit the website of the Income Tax Department, then access the quick links to apply for Instant e-PAN.
After uploading the documents, an individual needs to make a payment of Rs. 115.90 (excluding additional bank charges). You can either pay by debit/ credit cards, net banking or through a demand draft.
If the applicant does not use the e-KYC and e-Sign facility, then Rs. 110 is required to be paid.
To apply for PAN Card Offline-
- You can download the form from the website of NSDL or UTIITSL or collect a copy of it from UTIITSL agents.
- Fill the form and attach required documents (proof of identity, address, photographs, signature) with it.
- Submit the form and documents at the NSDL office along with the payment processing fee.
After the process, the PAN Card will be sent to your mentioned address within 15 working days.
Few things to know before applying-
- You need to fill your surname before filling your name.
- If you are using paperless facility (e-KYC and e-sign), there is no need to courier the documents or upload images.
- Use e-KYC and e-sign facility only if your active mobile number is linked with the Aadhaar Card.
How to make changes/ corrections in the PAN Card?
- Fill the online form for corrections.
2. You can visit- https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html
3. After filling the form make the payment accordingly.
4. An individual needs to send all his required supporting documents through post to NSDL for getting the required changes.
What to do if PAN Card is lost-
- One needs to file an FIR if the PAN Card is lost.
- You can fill online form for lost/duplicate/ or re-issuing of the PAN Card.
- After filling the details, you can make payment for the same.
- After completing the payment download and print your pre-filled application form.
- You can refer to the document list for more details on the website of NSDL.
For more details you can surely email on email@example.com
92 total views, 2 views today