After taking over the world with Dalgona coffee and a five-ingredient cookie, Tiktok took the tech world by introducing cloud bread. The cloud bread, also known as TikTok bread, is remotely similar to bread in simple words; it’s nowhere near bread when it comes to taste. Instead, it is sweet, airy with a tinge of the flavour of eggs and has a unique taste – similar to cotton candy or a meringue which is a type of dessert made from whipped egg whites and sugar.
It got recognized when Tiktok user Linqana shared the recipe of whimsical, unsalted, cloud-like bread on the app, garnering more than 4.4 million views and 60,000+ comments. The hashtag ‘cloud bread’ got so remarkable that it has received a whopping 1.9 billion views on the video-sharing app. The original recipe takes us back to the 1970s as part of the low-carb, high-protein Atkins diet. However, both should not get confused.
3 Egg whites
15g Corn starch
- Use an egg separator and separate three eggs and egg whites. You can use your hands too. Blend the egg whites for a decent amount of time till the bubbles arise.
- Add 30g sugar to the mixture and blend the mixture again at a low speed till it’s stiff, not too stiff, though.
- Add any food colouring to it, preferably a liquid one. The food colouring is just for the aesthetic- to make the bread look attractive and fancy. We all get drawn to pretty stuff- you know, pretty privilege. Finally, put 15g of cornstarch.
- Stir this mixture, combining the colour and constituents. Keep whisking for 30 seconds till the blended mixture is smooth. Smooth like butter.
- Pour the batter on a baking mould, keeping its shape round- preferably 15 cm. Don’t take too much time as the batter starts getting watery.
- Preheat the oven for 15 minutes and bake the bread at 150′ for 30 minutes. After baking, tear open the bread to witness its jiggly, bubbly, and light texture.
Your TikTok famous cloud bread is ready!