Around 43 km from Kullu, Manikaran is one place that assures a magical experience to its travellers. While on a trip to Kullu and Manali, sparing a day to explore this destination would not be a regretful decision. Famous for its hot water springs, Manikaran has a lot more to impress all.
Following are the key highlights of Manikaran, but the place is far beyond imagination; an experience to be relived forever.
- The surprise unfolds right when the journey begins. Roads are cumbersome for the drivers to navigate but the picturesque views are breathtaking.
- The Sikh history and Hindu beliefs that behind this destination, are purely interwoven into the aura of Manikaran.
- It is believed that by taking a bath in the hot water spring and by drinking the water, one can attain salvation. Uranium and other radioactive minerals present in its water also have curative properties.
- The ‘Langar’ (or community kitchen that serves meals to all devotees) at the Manikaran Gurudwara is a must to relish. Interestingly, every meal is cooked in the hot springs and the tea made with this water need just half the sugar required to sweeten the tea!
- The magical view of gushing river Parvati, and the vaporous clouds over the hot springs, together on one sight is magnificent.
- Temple of Lord Ramchandra (with its history is engraved on its wall) and Shiv Temple (it got titled after a massive earthquake) are also popular.
- Manikaran also serves as a gateway for challenging trekking destinations – Pulga, Khirganga, Barshani and Mantalai.
Allow the enigma of Manikaran to lure you too!
To know more about Manikaran, Kullu and Manali, you may refer to the following: