The scenic beauty all around makes Dehradun location more attractive. Dehradun City is 3088 square kilometer in size and is just 640 meter above sea level. Some facts on location of Dehradun are as follows :
- Dehradun is located in the north western region of Uttaranchal.
- Uttarkashi forms the boundary of Dehradun in the north and north-western region.
- Dehradun is bounded by Tehri Garhwal and Pauri Garhwal in the east.
- Dehradun shares its boundary in the south with Saharanpur and Uttar Pradesh.
- Dehradun touches the boundary of Haridwar at the southern most tip.
- At the western tip, Dehradun is separated from Sirmur (Nahan) district of Himachal Pradesh by the rivers Yamuna and Ton.