The 26 districts of Gujarat are: Ahmedabad, Amreli, Anand, Banaskantha, Bharuch, Bhavnagar, Dahod, Dang, Gandhinagar, Jamnagar, Junagadh, Kheda, Kutch, Mehsana, Narmada, Navsari, Panchmahal, Patan, Porbandar, Rajkot, Sabarkantha, Surat, Surendranagar, Tapi, Vadodara and Valsad.
List of Gujarat Districts:
|District Name||City||Population (2011)||Area (km2)|
Gujarat Districts Facts
- The biggest district in the State of Gujarat in terms of area is Kutch District which has Bhuj as its city headquarters. The district covers 45,652 sq kms of the total area in the state and the population density in the district is that of 33.
- Gandhinagar is the smallest district in terms of area in Gujarat. The total area covered by the district is merely 649 sq kms. This added to the presence of Gandhinagar, the state capital after which the district is named makes it, the district with most population density. Total population in the district is 1,387,478.
- The most populated of all the districts in the state is the Ahmedabad District which also is the 8th most populous district in India. The district shares its borders with Mehsana in the North, Surendranagar in the West, Kheda in the East and Bhavnagar in the South.
- Dang district is the least populated district in the state. Around 226,769 people live in the district as per the census 2011.The district extends to 1764 sq km in area.
- Valsad district is located to the Southern most end of the state of Gujarat and it has covers an area of around 3034 sq km in the state of Gujarat. The Valsad district shares its border with Navsari District to the North.
- Navsari district is located in an area of 2211 sq km.
- Jamnagar district located on the Southern Coast of the state of Gujarat covers an area of around 14125 sq km
- The district map of Gujarat will show you the all the districts demarcated clearly in grey dotted lines and all the district headquarters are marked in grey circles.
Last Updated on : 11/06/2013