You might have seen Jalfrezi dishes being served in some of the restaurants, although it is not quite as mainstream as some of the other ones and hence not available everywhere. Although it tastes delicious and goes well with roti, naan or paratha. In this recipe I made Paneer Jalfrezi in a very typical way for these dishes. Cut mixed vegetables like cauliflower, carrots, bell peppers, peas etc are fried and mixed with paneer to make a thick gravy like dish. I would suggest this dish for your daily main course or even party menu and everyone would love it. So just use this simple Paneer Jalfrezi Recipe and enjoy a perfect taste of this unique preparation.
All you need is (serves 4)
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Onion – 1/2 cup (thinly sliced)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (chopped)
- Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves (chopped)
- Tomato puree – 4 tbsp
- Green chilli – 2 (chopped)
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Zeera – 1 tsp
- Mix vegetables – 2 cup (chopped) (I used cauliflower, carrots, bell peppers and peas)
- Paneer – 1 cup (chopped)
Paneer Jalfrezi Recipe
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 30 min.
- Heat oil in a pan, add zeera and let it crackle.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic and fry till golden brown.
- Add tomato puree, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt and fry till oil separates.
- Add mix vegetables and cook with a cover for 5 to 6 min.
- Add paneer and again cook for 5 to 6 min.
- Serve hot.