Tropical Forest Research Institute, Jabalpur was established in April 1988 under the aegis of the Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education. The institute was established to provide research based assistance to the Forest Department. It is developing at a very rapid pace to make itself competent in the field of intensive research on tropical forests in Central India.
The organizational set up of Tropical Forest Research Institute at Jabalpur has the Director as its head. The Group Coordinator in both Research and Facilities Department assists him. Shri A.K Mandal is the present Director of the institute and Shri. S.P Tripathi and Shri. Sunil Aggarwal are the group coordinators of research and facilities respectively.
The research activities of Tropical Forest Research Institute of Jabalpur have been categorized into the following divisions:
- Forest Entomology
- Forest Pathology
- Chemistry of Forest Produce Division
- Forest Botany Division
- Non- Wood Forest Produce Division.
- Siviculture division
- Agroforestry Division
- Forest Resources and Economics Division
- Forest Ecology and Rehabilitation Division
- Computer Application and Instrumentation Division
- Biodiversity and Sustainable Management Division
- Management Techniques
- Identification of forest insect pests
- Tree Improvement
- Mist Chamber
- Tree Propagation
- Non wood Forest Produce
- Tree borne oil seeds
- Food starch and vegetable dyes
- Survey, identification and collection germplasm.
- Modern nursery practices
- Seed Technology.
Last Updated on 16th Dec 2012