Dandruff is a common hair concern of almost everyone, both males and females. Dandruff was a problem during the winter season previously. However, it has now become a problem visible in every season. Dandruff becomes very embarrassing when it is visible on your head and hair, as well as the flakes falling here and there, whether it is on your clothes, your pillows or anywhere else where you sit for a long time. Home remedies are an ideal way to reduce dandruff. However, it is essential to be consistent with the home care routine and have patience for the results. The result will most probably not be visible after one trial. Several natural ingredients may help reduce dandruff, including yogurt, onions, fenugreek seeds, lemon, coconut oil etc.
Below are some effective hair masks made with natural ingredients which will help in reducing dandruff. One must remember that every component might suit everyone or work efficiently enough; the results will not be visible on the first day. You must maintain consistency with the pack which suits you for effective results. The masks are simple to make.
The remedies provided below have shown the best results in most cases, as per expert reviews.
- Yogurt, Honey and Lemon Mask: For this mask, you will need to mix half a cup of yogurt with one tablespoon of lemon juice and one tablespoon of honey. After mixing the ingredients well, apply the pack on your scalp and leave it on for about 30 to 40 minutes. Then wash it off with a mild shampoo. This mask can be applied twice a week for effective results. The ingredients will reduce dandruff as well as make the hair stronger and repair any damages.
- Fenugreek and Yogurt Mask: For this mask, you need to combine 3 to 4 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds paste with one tablespoon of yogurt. Mix it well, and it will form into a thick paste. Apply this on your scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes; after 30 minutes, shampoo your hair. This mask can be applied twice a week. Fenugreek is one of the most commonly chosen and effective ingredients which helps in reducing dandruff.
- Onion Mask: Take one large onion and two onions if it is small in size. Blend the onion and make a paste of it. Then extract the onion juice with the help of a cloth. Apply the onion juice on your hair and leave it on for 30 to 35 minutes. Later wash it using a mild shampoo. One can practice this remedy 2 to 3 times a week. Onions are beneficial in reducing dandruff, reducing hair fall and boosting collagen production.
- Egg Mask: For this mask, you require one egg white and two tablespoons of olive oil. Mix the egg white along with olive oil and apply it to your scalp and hair. Leave it on to dry for 30 minutes and wash it off properly with shampoo. So the egg smell fades away. This mask helps in reducing dandruff as well as nourishes the hair.
- Aloe Vera Mask: This is the most simple mask which requires only one ingredient. Extract the Aloe Vera gel from the Aloe Vera leaf and apply it all over the scalp and hair. Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes. Later on, shampoo it off. Aloe Vera has numerous benefits for the hair, including dandruff reduction, boosting hair growth, making hair more potent, and shiner.