Want to make money while staying home, especially during the coronavirus pandemic? With the internet taking over and affecting a large part of our lives, more people come up to work from home and look for earning opportunities. There are several ways to earn money at home; some of these might be fake. One should not expect to yield a vast amount swiftly when using online avenues to make money.
Following are a few online platforms, websites and tools that can assist you to earn money at home.
1) Freelance work: It has always been a well-known way to earn money online, and the internet has numerous options. Several websites are providing freelance activities for people with diversified skills. All one needs to do is create an account, browse through the listings, and apply for the task that suits you. Some websites may even need to create a personal listing with the skillset information so that clients who are showing interest in this can contact you directly. Some of the websites which offer freelance jobs are Outfiverr.com, upwork.com, freelancer.com, and worknhire.com. One can earn anywhere between $5 and $100 through the structured freelance model on these websites.
But one will only get paid once he/she accomplishes the given task and your client has given it the nod. It may even mean updating the work numerous times unless the requirements of your clients are met. Also, some sites may ask you to have a PayPal account, as most clients choose to make payments digitally via it.
2) Starting a website: There is good material present online to assist you to put together a website. This comprises picking up the domain, templates, layout and overall design for your website. Once ready to provide service to the visitors with good content, sign up for Google Adsense, which will make an appearance on the website, and then clicked on by visitors will help you make money. The more traffic gets generated on your website; the more will be the capacity for higher earnings.
3) Virtual assistantship: VAs are skilled, remote professionals that offer companies, businesses, and entrepreneurs administrative support. Some of the significant areas of work consist of dialling phone calls, email correspondence, Internet research, data entry, scheduling appointments, editing, writing, bookkeeping, marketing, blog management, proofreading, project management, graphic design, tech support, customer service, event planning, and social media management. The corporate stuff is now practised from one’s home, and VAs work online with their clients and handle the different elements of their business that they are too engaged to conduct themselves. When one works as a virtual assistant, one can choose to work as an employee or set up a business.
Some degree of training or briefing may require some degree of training or briefing, depending on your qualifications. However, suppose one possesses good communication skills and has the potential of using applications like MS Office. In that case, one can sign up on websites, namely Elance.com, 24/7 Virtual Assistant, Assistant Match, eaHelp, Freelancer, FlexJobs, People Per Hour, Uassist, Me, Upwork, VaVa Virtual Assistants, Virtual Staff Finder, Worldwide 101, Ziptask, Zirtual and others.
4) Language translating work: Having known a language other than English may even assist you to earn money at home. Numerous websites offer translation projects that require translating a document from one language into another. This may comprise Spanish, French, Arab, German, or any other language to or from English.
For many people, this could be a time-consuming task and leads to hiring translators present online from anywhere across the world. Numerous websites such as Freelancer.in, Fiverr.com, worknhire.com or Upwork.com provide you with a platform to be a professional translator.
5) Online tutoring: If you are skilled in a specific subject, you can earn by tutoring people online from home itself. Online tutoring offers a means to connect online with students of all ages across the country to provide homework help and tutoring in the subjects you have shown expertise. An online tutor may sign up on websites such as Vedantu.com, MyPrivateTutor.com, BharatTutors.com, tutorindia.net by creating a profile, stating the subjects or classes you want to teach, how much experience one has, what your qualifications are, etc. Some of the platforms may also provide a flexible and convenient approach to work as an online tutor.