Want to learn the Spanish language? With the undertaking of proper steps and practices, one can efficiently and diligently learn Spanish. Spanish is a language that encapsulates the rich culture and history of various countries. In a way, it makes you travel across the world – from Europe to Africa to North America, including different islands.
In today’s times, Spanish is the formal language of the following 20 nations, as well as Puerto Rico: Bolivia, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Spain, Uruguay, and Venezuela. It’s estimated that there will be over 754 million worldwide Spanish speakers by 2050.
Learning this language will not hold you back from travelling anywhere in the world or where Spanish is spoken. It will help you to meet and talk to new people without any language barrier.
As the world is more associated economically than ever before, the contemporary situation of globalisation means that companies and organisations are functioning across international borders and boundaries. The Spanish language helps build business skills.
Following are the ways to learn the Spanish language
- Practice Spanish exercises: Many students could undertake written activities for learning Spanish. It assists you to improve the most of all those grammar rules and errors. Writing exercises could further lead to memorising things. The initial step of doing these is to learn Spanish by yourself and figure out a way to check yourself. Practising exercises on your own is futile if one can’t check to make sure you’ve accurately answered all the questions. One could also buy a Spanish textbook containing answers in the back or using a website that automatically allows you to know if you’re on the right path. Investing in a book is the right way to learn. For example, the BBC’s Spanish page consists of fun games besides grammar exercises.
- Stay connected with News: In today’s times, news media is quite popular among people and has such a broad reach that the day’s top news stories make it onto your way. Wouldn’t it be fantastic if you could learn Spanish while staying connected with the headlines? It’s suitable when one doesn’t even need to visit a newsstand or get a physical subscription to a newspaper or magazine in Spanish. Using digital news media will keep you informed with the latest information and current events, but one can learn Spanish at the same time. Beginners should take the News in Slow Spanish. These regularly-released podcasts are nearly 30 minutes in length, and they are gradually spoken recitations and analyses of the week’s top news stories in the simple Spanish language.
- Watch Spanish TV shows: Learning the Spanish language could be extendable to movies and television shows except for all-time grammar exercises. One can pick a Spanish TV show where he/she can practice different ways to adopt this language. Switch on the Spanish subtitles instead of English subtitles whenever you watch movies.
- Learn Spanish from Youtube: Social media platforms are not only for enjoyment, but they’ve also become a mode of learning source. One such platform is YouTube, where many professionals have uploaded videos that teach Spanish. The YouTube community is focused on teaching the Spanish language to beginners and intermediate learners. Some of those comprise FluentU Spanish Pod 101, two YouTube channels that provide tutorials, vocabulary explanations, easy dialogues, cultural history in Spanish
- Get trained in Spanish by playing games: Yes, games are also a medium to learn this language. It is a fun way to relax and has been used for educational purposes. Numerous online apps aim to teach the Spanish language in a game-like format, namely Duolingo and Rockalingua. Duolingo is a more traditional language learning application with game elements, whereas Rockalingua is for children, especially beginners, to teach Spanish to its users.