Marksheet is an important document, which is not only essential for enrolling in further studies or getting a job, but also serves as a proof of birth in the absence of birth certificate. But what if your statement of marks is lost? Well, don’t worry as duplicate marksheets can be obtained if you have lost the originals which can be used to fulfil all your purposes.
To get a duplicate marksheet and certificate:
- File an FIR in the nearest police station.
- Fill an application form: www.icbse.com/forms/cbse/duplicate.pdf
- Fill the application form carefully.
- An Affidavit on Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of Rs.10 should be filed.
- Prepare a demand draft for the requisite amount.
- Attach identification certificate of a gazetted officer or principal.
- Attach the new paper declaration/press release.
- Send to CBSE regional office with all attachments.
- One needs to fill separate application forms for each duplicate certificate.
- Candidate applying for duplicates should keep in mind the varying fees according to the year of passing and get the demand draft prepared accordingly. The application should be sent to the Deputy Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, Todarmal Marg, Ajmer, (Rajasthan) along with the fee. Those who are personally applying can deposit the fees in cash in Ajmer office.
- The documents will be received after 15 days excluding the holidays.
- The certificates shall be collected within three months from the date of depositing the fee otherwise it will be cancelled and the candidate will have to apply afresh for procuring the documents.
- One should not forget to mention the correct name, parents name and roll number while applying.
- In case of emergency, the documents can be prepared within 2 days. An extra amount of fee is to be paid for getting the documents early.
- Migration certificate will be issued only to the successful candidates or those who have been placed in compartment order while seeking admission for further studies. The failed candidates should not apply as they will not be granted the migration.
- The revised fee for the documents can be seen through this link- http://cbse.nic.in/faq/notice%20of%20fee%20revision_2016.pdf
For different regions, there are different regional offices-
|Address||Regional Covered||Contact Details|
Central Board of Secondary Education, PS-1-2, Institutional Area, I.P.Extn. Patparganj, Delhi-110 092.
|NCT of Delhi, Foreign Schools||Tel:91-11-522239177-80
Central board of Secondary Education, Plot No. 1630 A, “J” Block, 16th Main Road
Anna Nagar West, Chennai-600040.
|Tamil Nadu,Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Goa, Puducherry, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Daman and Diu||Tel. 91-44-26162214 /26162213
Central Board of Secondary Education, Shilpgram Road, Near Sankardev Kalakshetra, Panjabari, Guwahati-781 037
|Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram.||Telfax:91-361-2229992, 2229995
Central Board of Secondary Education, Todarmal Marg, Ajmer-305 030
|Rajasthan,Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Tel:91-145-2627451/2627139
Central Board of Secondary Education, Sector- 5 , Panchkula – 134109 (Haryana)
|Haryana,U.T.of Chandigarh, Punjab, J&K, Himachal Pradesh.||Tel: 91-172-2585193/2583547
Central Board of Secondary Education, 35 B, Civil Station, M.G. Marg , Civil Lines, Allahabad-211 015
|Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal||Tel:91-532-2407970-72
Central Board of Secondary Education, Ambica Complex, Behind SBI Colony, Near Brahmasthan, Sheekhpura, Bailley Road, Patna-800 001.
|Bihar, Jharkhand||Tele Fax:91-612-2332248
Central Board of Secondary Education, 6th Floor, Alok Bharti Building, Shaheed Nagar, Bhubaneswar
|West Bengal, Orissa, Chhattisgarh
New Regional Office opened