Cutlets go pretty well for breakfast and whosoever I’ve met has always enjoyed them, be it they being served in the trains or being made at home. This time I made Aaloo Matar Cutlet at home and served them in the morning for a perfect start to the day. These cutlets are made with potatoes and peas and should be served hot with some green coriander and mint chutney. You could also choose to sandwich them between two breads for a different taste or just have them plain, both ways they are sure to please you. So let’s see how to make a perfect Aaloo Matar Cutlet with this simple recipe. If you have kids at home, you could also make their most loved shapes cutlet’s in a very simple way and let them enjoy with the family.
- Aaloo – 2 big (boiled and peeled)
- Matar – 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Green chili – 1 to 2 (cut in small pieces)
- Dhania leaves – 2 tsp (shredded)
- Rice flour – 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Oil for frying
Method of preparation
- Mash the potatoes and peas in a bowl.
- Add green chili, dhania leaves, salt, red chili powder, garam masala, chaat masala and mix well.
- Add rice flour and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Make small cutlet shapes from the mixture and shallow fry them until golden brown from both sides.
- Remove on a kitchen tissue.
- Serve hot with green chutney.