Just a few days back and after a long time, we hit the roads in northern India for a long drive. And as you can imagine, we had multiple stops for food. The numerous dhabas along the route had the most amazing food made in desi ghee. Specifically, I again fell in love with the different kind of parathas served with butter. As soon I was home, I had to make a paratha for myself and I did it the dhaba way. I made Aaloo Matar Ka Paratha and served it with white butter bought from a local dairy shop. I share here with you the recipe for this delicious Aaloo Matar Ka Paratha so you too can enjoy the highway food at your home and appreciate the traditional Indian food.
Ingredients needed for Aaloo Matar Ka Paratha
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Potato – 2 (boiled, peeled and grated)
- Peas – 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Salt to taste
- Green coriander – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Green chili – 1 to 2 (chopped)
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Desi ghee for frying
- White butter – 50 gm for the side.
How to make Aaloo Matar Ka Paratha
- Knead the flour with water to make a soft dough.
- Mix all other ingredients in a bowl to make the filling.
- Make small dough balls, roll them a little bit and fill with about 1 tbsp of filling.
- Dust with flour and roll into a disc about 6 inches.
- Heat a tava and add some desi ghee, fry the paratha, roll it over and fry from both sides until golden brown.
- Serve hot with some white butter.