Paratha is an all time favorite for me and a lot of my friends. Paratha’s can be made plain or filled with a multitude of vegetables and more. To make my meals today I filled it with potatoes and cauliflower to make Aaloo Gobhi Paratha. These two veggies give a great flavor to the paratha. I served it some red chili pickle and plain curd and just enjoyed a lovely lunch. Whenever you make paratha’s its best to vary the fillings so you have a good variation in the basket. So make this variation also one of the choice, here is Aaloo Gobhi Paratha Recipe.
- Whole wheat flour – 1 & 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Potato – 1 cup (boiled and mashed)
- Gobhi – 1 cup (finely grated)
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Green coriander – 2 tsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilies – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Ghee or oil to fry
Method of Preparation
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 20 min.
- Mix all the dough ingredients and use water as needed to knead a soft dough.
- Cover and keep aside for about 30 min.
- Mix all the filling ingredients in a bowl, divide in equal parts and keep aside.
- Divide the dough in equal parts and make lemon sized balls.
- Roll them into a disc using a rolling pin.
- Place one part of filling in the disc and bring the ends together to form a ball again.
- Roll it again into a disc about 7-8 mm thick ensuring no cracks on the surface.
- Heat a tava and cook the paratha applying ghee or oil from both sides until golden brown.
- Serve hot.