Badam Ka Halwa is made from badam, ghee and sugar among other things. It is very nutritious and rich dish, it is full of proteins and minerals specially potassium and calcium. It gives few extra calories so is advised when you are recovering from any illness and is also great for kids taking part in various games and physical activity. To top it all up, it is extremely easy to make and tasty to eat. Most the the Indian families would find these ingredients at home so it can be made anytime you wish. You can serve it in the breakfast for a long day ahead or as a dessert after main meals. Let us see this Badam Ka Halwa Recipe and enjoy the day ahead.
- Badam (almonds) – 250 gms (soak them in water over night and remove the skin)
- Sugar – 3/4 cup (you can use substitute as needed)
- Desi ghee – 1/2 cup
- Saffron – 10-15 strands
- Green cardamom – 8 to 10
- Milk – 1 & 1/2 cup
- Dry fruits for garnishing
Method of Preparation
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 20 min.
- Soak the saffron in 1 tsp milk. Keep aside.
- Coarsely grind the almonds with 1 cup milk to make a paste.
- Heat desi ghee in a heavy bottom pan or kadhai.
- Add almond paste and fry till it changes color to golden brown.
- Add 1/2 cup milk, stir, then add saffron and stir.
- Add sugar and cook with continuous stirring till the ghee leaves the sides.
- Crush and add green cardamom.
- Garnish with dry fruit slivers.
- Serve hot.