Icy drinks give a great respite from the heat in summers, specially the drinks with a lot of ice. Just the other day in the market I’d a blended icy coffee and just relished the coffee flavored ice crystals in the drink. We can make cool drinks with milk and yogurt, however for today I froze my cut fruits to let them become icy and then blended them together to make a wonderful smoothie. I used banana and mango and the crystals in the preparation to relish two of my most favorite fruits. Banana Mango Smoothie came out very nicely and I thoroughly enjoyed it with my breakfast. The cardamom powder accentuates the flavor of a nice drink, if you like you can alternate it for cinnamon powder or any other spice powder. Actually you can look to serve it any time in the day specially when you are back from the sun and see the magical coolness it brings out. Use this simple Banana Mango Smoothie Recipe.
Ingredients (serves 2 to 3)
- Banana – 1 cup (peeled and cut in pieces)
- Mango – 1 cup (peeled and cut in pieces)
- Milk – 1 glass
- Mango yogurt – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Ice cubes
- Mango slices for garnishing
How to make Banana Mango Smoothie
Preparation time: 10 min plus freezing time
Making time: 10 min.
- Once you have cut the banana and mango, freeze them for about 3 to 4 hours so they become icy.
- Take banana and mango cup and with 1/2 glass milk blend them into a paste.
- Add mango yogurt, cardamom powder, sugar and blend for a min.
- Add ice cubes and blend another min.
- Pour in serving glasses and garnish with a couple of mango slices.
- Serve chilled