Eggs are full of nutritional goods. Eggs are rich in Omega-3 and an excellent source of protein. Having eggs during the morning works as a great source of energy to function the entire day. Doctors and dieticians suggest having eggs at least four times a week. The power-packed omelette is a complete meal in itself. Having this meal will keep you energised and full for a reasonable amount of time. It contains eggs, different vegetables with significant health benefits, black pepper, cheese, chia seeds and oats. Oats additionally are rich in fibre, antioxidants and energy. Chia seeds also provide a good amount of fibre. This recipe is a bonus for those individuals trying to lose weight. This meal can be fed to kids easily who do not want to eat vegetables.
- Eggs – 2 (one whole egg, one egg white only)
- Oats – 1/2 cup
- Olive oil – 2-3 tbsp
- Red bell pepper – 50g (chopped)
- Green bell pepper – 50g (chopped)
- Yellow bell pepper – 50g (chopped)
- Mushrooms – 50g (chopped)
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Cheese – 1 slice (or as much desired)
- Chia seeds – 2-3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper – A pinch
- Heat the pan with olive oil and add the onions first.
- When the onions soften a little, add the capsicums and mushrooms along with the oats and chia seeds.
- When the vegetables become brown, it means it is well cooked. Take it off the pan and place it in a bowl, and keep it aside.
- Now heat the pan again with some olive oil, whisk the eggs with salt and pepper and pour it on the pan. Make sure the eggs are well-done on both sides.
- Next, add the vegetables on top of the egg, add the cheese and sprinkle some pepper if you wish to.
- Cover the pan with the lid on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then gently take it out on a plate, and it’s ready to serve. You can have it with bread, ketchup or anything else you wish to.