Black grams are very rich in proteins and fiber and great to be included in any diet routine, at the same time they are very versatile in terms of the dishes that can be prepared using them. Today I talk about another great dedication to the Indian palate which loves the spices in form of Chatpate Chane prepared with these balck grams. Chatpate Chane themselves are very versatile that they can be served in breakfast or even in main course and would be loved by all. Although you need to plan a few hours in advance since they need a good amount of soaking time, I generally soak them overnight for next day’s meal. So let’s see the Chatpata Chana Recipe and how to enjoy the great black grams in a great tasty dish.
Ingredients needed for Chatpate Chane
- Black grams – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Zeera – 1/2 tsp
- Heeng – 1/4 tsp
- Onion – 1/2 cup ( chopped )
- Tomato – 1/2 cup
- Green chili – 1 (slit vertically)
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dhania powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Amchoor – 1/2 tsp
- Chana masala – 2 tsp
- Fresh dhania – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Lemon squeezed- 2 tbsp
How to make Chatpate Chane
Preparation time: 10-15 min.
Cooking time: 20 min.
- Soak the black grams in warm water overnight.
- Add the soaked black grams in a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water and a tbsp of salt and cook till done.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add zeera and heeng.
- When zeera starts to crackle, add onions and fry till lightly browned, then add tomatoes and green chilies and cook for another min.
- Add all dry masalas and cook about a min.
- Add the cooked black grams with 1 cup of water.
- Cook until all water is evaporated.
- Garnish with fresh dhania, some onions and squeezed lemon juice.
- Serve hot.