Chicken Lazeez literally means delicious chicken and this recipe let’s you make just that, an absolute delight to eat. I stumbled upon this recipe few months ago during some discussions with my friends on making something different and I tried it out today. I just could not afford to hold myself back even while it was cooking and did a few dip ins. I’m sure everyone would love it so I’m sharing this with you. It best goes with some home made roti, while if you want to have it with rice, you can add on some more curry. Both ways it tastes yummy and you would not stop at a single serving. Let’s see this Chicken Lazeez Recipe.
Ingredients needed for Chicken Lazeez
- Coriander seeds – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Pepper corn – 6 to 9
- Onion – 2 cup (cut in small pieces)
- Garlic – 10 cloves
- Ginger – 1 1/2 inch pieces
- Dry Red chili – 5 to 6
- Tomato – 1 1/2 cup (cut in small pieces)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
- Chicken – 1 kg (curry cut pieces)
How to make Chicken Lazeez
- Dry roast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds and pepper corn and then grind them into a coarse powder.
- Blend garlic, ginger and dry red chili with some water to make a paste.
- Take oil in a kadhai and fry onions till light brown, add the paste (ginger, garlic and red chili).
- Add tomatoes and fry a little.
- Add the powdered seeds and cook till tomatoes are soft.
- Add salt and chicken, also add the ghee.
- Add coriander leaves.
- Cook with a cover until chicken is done on low heat (add water as needed).
- Serve hot.