Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
As the nights start to get cooler in the Indian winters, all of us would be looking to get cozy in our homes. And what better than have something nice and hot just before dinner with your loved ones! To perfectly cater to this, we can make Cream of Tomato Soup easily and quickly at home and enjoy the nourishment it provides. Tomato soup is one of the most common soups available in most of the restaurants, and in fact, even at kiosks at the railway stations, bus terminus and airports. So why not enjoy this delicious soup in the confines of your home and make an evening to remember? This soup can be served as it is or with some bread or soup sticks just before your dinner. Serve it hot and enjoy the cozy moments with your family.
Ingredients needed for Cream of Tomato Soup
(serves 3-4 )
- Tomato – 3-4
- Onion – 1/4 cup (sliced)
- Tejpatta – 1/2
- Kali mirch – 10-12
- Butter or ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cornflour – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Powdered kali mirch – 1 tsp
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsp
- Dhania leaves for garnishing
How to make Cream of Tomato Soup
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces in a pan.
- Add onions, tejpatta and kali mirch and 3 cups of water.
- When it starts to boil, reduce heat and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Let it cool down and remove the bay leaves.
- Blend it in a blender and then strain through a large strainer to keep the water.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add cornflour and cook for 20-30 seconds.
- Add the tomato mixture water to the pan and keep stirring to avoid any solidification.
- Add sugar, salt and kali mirch powder.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, till it thickens slightly, add cream and cook for another min.
- Garnish with fresh cream and dhania leaves.
- Serve hot.
181 total views, 1 views today