Eggs are one of the best sources of protein, which comes with numerous health benefits. Experts always advise you to include eggs in your regular diet. Having the same preparation of eggs such as omelets, scrambled eggs or simple boiled eggs can become very boring. This egg salad is very easy to prepare yet very delicious. This egg salad contains vegetables like bell pepper and spring onion, which are enriched with important health nutrients.
- Eggs- 7 to 8 whole, boiled
- Green bell pepper- half cup, chopped
- Yellow bell pepper- half cup, chopped
- Spring onion- half cup, chopped
- Salt- to taste
- Black pepper- 2 tbsp.
- Paprika powder- ½ tsp.
- Mayonnaise- half cup
- Tomato ketchup- 2 tbsp.
- Cherry tomatoes- 3 to 5, sliced in halves (For garnish)
- Lettuce leaves- 2 leaves (For garnish)
- Take a chopping board and knife, and slice the boiled eggs into small pieces. After slicing them add them to a large bowl and keep them aside.
- Take a small bowl; add the mayonnaise and tomato ketchup along with a pinch of salt and black pepper powder. Mix them well.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the egg gradually and mix it well.
- After adding the mayonnaise and mixing it well with the eggs, add the bell peppers and spring onion and mix them all once again.
- Now add some more salt, black pepper, and paprika powder and give it a good mix. After mixing it well refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take a large plate, add the lettuce leaves on both ends of the plate.
- Place the cherry tomatoes in front of the lettuce leaves, keeping in a gap in the middle to place the salad.
- Take out the salad from the fridge and layer it in the middle of the garnished plate. Sprinkle some black pepper on top and it is ready to serve.
*This salad can also be used as a filling for a sandwich to make a complete meal. Vegetables can be added as per your preference. The choice of sauce or dressing can also be modified as per your taste.