Pancakes are one of the most loved desserts by us. One can find it in a range of flavours and types. While we all fascinate over the flavours, many take back a step thinking about the extra cardio or pilates required to digest them; or maybe get scared to break their newly started keto diet. However, here comes an exciting healthy and even tastier recipe than any regular flour made pancakes called Gluten-Free oatmeal pancakes, also known as Magical Pancakes.
Gluten-free oatmeal may sound boring, but it does justice to the cravings of pancakes. Gluten-free oatmeal is an ideal choice when it comes to healthy eating. Regular flour does not provide the nutritional benefits which oat flour does. Oatmeal flour is fully packed with fibre, protein, calcium and iron, highly beneficial for our health. The taste of oatmeal flour pancakes is no less than the regular flour made pancakes. The name “Magical Pancakes” explains the uniqueness of the tasty choice of ingredients for a healthier choice.
Ingredients for the magical Oats Pancakes recipe: (Serves 2)
- 1 and 1/2 cup of finely grounded gluten-free oats (one can also use regular cooking oats)
- 1 egg
- Half cup milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Sugar (optional)
Method to prepare Oats Pancake:
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients first; oatmeal flour, baking powder and sugar (powdered) if needed.
- Next, add the egg, vegetable oil and vanilla essence and mix it well with the dry ingredients. Make sure to use a spatula or a large spoon and stir it lightly.
- Slowly add the milk to make a smooth batter. The consistency of the batter should not be too runny or too thick. Do not over mix.
- Heat a pan with 1 tsp oil, and using a ladle, pour a ladle full of batter and spread it on the pan. The ladle should spread the batter according to the desired thickness of the pancake.
- Flip it on both sides and fry until both sides become light brown. Then serve it with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
(Suggested toppings: honey and bananas, maple syrup)