Posto or poppy seeds are used vastly in Bengal in number of dishes. Dim Posto comes similarly from the state of West Bengal where this traditional recipe makes use of poppy seeds to bring out a unique taste. The spices in the curry can be varied with your personal choice. This is a good recipe to make for lunch or dinner and will go well with most Indian breads. Everyone at home loved the recipe and got to taste a lovely regional dish. I’m sure you too would like it, so just go ahead and make use of this step by step Dim Posto Recipe and enjoy it any day.
All you need is (serves 4)
- Eggs – 6
- Mustard oil – 3 tbsp
- Onion – 1 cup (sliced)
- Green chili – 2 (chopped)
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds – 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing (optional)
Dim Posto Recipe
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 30 min.
- Boil the eggs till done, peel and keep aside.
- Soak the poppy seeds in 1/2 cup warm water for about 30 min.
- Blend the poppy seeds in a mixie jar to make a smooth paste.
- Heat 1 tbsp in a pan and fry the eggs till light brown.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions till translucent.
- Add green chili, ginger paste and garlic paste and fry for another min.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and fry for another min.
- Add poppy seed paste, eggs with 1 cup water and cook for 4 to 5 min.
- Garnish with fresh coriander if you like
- Serve hot.
174 total views, 4 views today