I’ve tried many variations of Hot & Sour Soup in multiple restaurants in different cities and even countries and have every time loved it. This is my favorite soup and I love it all the more in the winter season. Today I made this delectable soup at home and served it before dinner for a cozy start to a wonderful evening. You too can make this soup at home and enjoy with your family and friends, the soy sauce and vinegar gives out the sour taste while chili’s makes it spicy, serve it hot and you will be in for a lot of appreciation from everyone. I don’t go too much overboard with the vegetables, while it is a personal choice and you can choose to add more or less. So let’s see the Hot & Sour Soup Recipe and enjoy the cold days ahead.
Ingredients needed for Hot & Sour Soup
- Cornflour – 2 1/2 cup (dissolve in 1/2 cup water)
- Vegetable stock cubes – 3 (dissolve in 3 1/2 cup water)
- Vinegar – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Red chili sauce – 2 tsp
- Green chili – 2 (cut in small pieces)
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup (shredded)
- Carrot – 1/4 cup (shredded)
- Spring onion – 1/4 cup (shredded)
- Tofu – 1/4 cup (cut in small pieces)
- Garlic – 4/5 cloves (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch piece (finely chopped)
- Fresh dhania leaves – 2 tsp (chopped)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
How to make Hot & Sour Soup
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 10 min.
- Heat the oil in a wok and saute the cabbage, carrot, spring onion, ginger, garlic and green chili.
- In a pan heat the vegetable stock water.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, red chili sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add the sauteed vegetables with dhania leaves, tofu and cornflour water.
- Bring it to a boil with constant stirring to avoid forming any lumps.
- Serve hot.