Kadhai Paneer is also found in many a restaurants and typically serves as a good alternative for other main stream dishes like shahi paneer and korma. It is towards the spicier side than as compared to cream based dishes which tend to be sweet. Kadhai Paneer is so called as it is prepared mostly in a Indian kadhai (round shaped heavy bottom pan), it combines the paneer with green bell peppers, onions and whole spices for a perfect taste. It goes well in the main course with any Indian bread. Its very easy to prepare this dish at home and enjoy the spices. Let’s see Kadhai Paneer Recipe here and make a meal to remember.
Ingredients needed for Kadhai Paneer
- Paneer – 250 gms
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Dry red chilies – 2
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- Laung – 2 to 3
- Onion – 1 cup (sliced)
- Tomato – 1 cup (cut in small pieces)
- Green bell pepper – 1 cup (cut in squares)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (grated)
- Garlic – 10 cloves (cut in small pieces)
- Cream – 3 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
How to make Kadhai Paneer
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 20 min.
- Dry roast whole coriander seeds, dry red chilies and cumin seeds over a tava for about a min.
- Grind this roast to a fine powder.
- Take oil in a kadhai, add bay leaf, cinnamon stick and laung and saute for 1-2 min.
- Add onion and fry for a few minutes till it becomes light brown.
- Add ginger and garlic and fry for another min.
- Add tomato with little water and cook until the oil separates.
- Add dry roast powder, salt and garam masala and mix well.
- Add paneer and green bell peppers and cook for about 5 min.
- Garnish with cream and fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.