Keema Kaleji is a rich curry dish prepared with two basic ingredients, keema which is minced meat and kaleji which is the liver part of the meat. It is a good option over the regular chicken or mutton with bone or boneless dishes. This dish can be served for parties and small gatherings and with a different non-vegetarian taste, is liked by all. You can make it fairly easily at home using regular Indian spices for that perfect taste. Ideally, you may want to accompany it with naan or paratha, however it can go well even with other Indian breads. So next time when you face a dilemma of chicken or mutton, choose this Keema Kaleji Recipe and make something unusual for your meals.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- Ginger – 2 inch piece
- Garlic – 8 to 10 cloves
- Tomato puree – 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Keema – 300 gms
- Kaleji – 200 gms
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
How to make Keema Kaleji
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 45 min.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and fry onions till golden brown.
- Mixie the ginger and garlic to make a smooth paste (use water as needed)
- Add ginger garlic paste to the onions and fry for 2 min.
- Add tomato puree and fry for another 2 min.
- Add all the masala and fry till oil leaves the sides.
- Add keema and cook under cover for 15 to 20 min till done.
- Add kaleji and cook for about 10 min till done.
- Serve hot.