Kesari Rabdi Recipe
Today I give you a super delicious recipe of Kesari Rabdi which can be had by itself or with garma garam jalebis or malpuas. A fairly traditional kind of Indian dessert Kesari Rabdi is found in most North Indian weddings. Sweets are anyway very famous in India, but when it is a sweet like rabdi, it becomes extra special. You can use this recipe to create a delectable treat for your family just any day. The kesar (saffron) does wonders to the taste of rabdi and the dry fruit slivers add crunchiness. It’s fairly easy to make rabdi at home and if you are not in a mood to make jalebis or malpuas, get some from your next door mithai shop and have them with this home made Kesari Rabdi. This will definitely win you many accolades so make sure you have enough servings for everyone at home. Enjoy this mouth watering dessert!
Ingredients needed for Kesari Rabdi
- Full cream milk – 2 litres
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Slivers of almond and pistachios
- Few saffron strands
How to make Kesari Rabdi
- Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- Once it starts to heat, add saffron strands to the milk.
- Keep boiling with occasional stirring until the volume reduces to one fourth.
- Add the sugar and mix well and cook for another minute.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl.
- Decorate with almond and pistachios.
- Serve it plain or with hot jalebis or malpuas.