Indian cuisine I feel is blessed with so many herbs and spices. Everyday we use them knowingly or unknowingly to make wonderful dishes. These spices also act as preservatives and added in right quantities balance the food taste. One such place where we use these spices is achaar’s, these can be kept for long periods of time with refrigeration and served with any kinds of meal. They enhance the taste of the meal, I personally like aam ka achaar or mirch ka achaar and I’m sure you have your favorites. However today I tried something very different and make Kheere Ka Achaar. This achaar unlike others can be kept only 2-3 days but the taste was just wonderful. Various spices bring the magical taste out and since kheera or cucumbers are available all through the year, you can make it anytime you have an urge for it. Lets see how to make this easily at home using this Kheere Ka Achaar Recipe.
(serves 3 to 4)
- Cucumber – 1 cup (peeled and cut in bite size pieces)
- Dry red chili – 3 to 4
- Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Methi seeds – 1 tsp
- Zeera – 1 tsp
- Tamarind paste – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper corns – 1 tsp
- Mustard oil – 1/4 cup
Method of Preparation
Prepation time: 10 min.
Making time: 20 min.
- Put little salt over the cucumber pieces and leave until it releases all water, drain and keep aside.
- Heat mustard oil till it starts to fume. Cool and keep aside.
- Heat a tava and dry roast all seeds and black pepper corn.
- Ground the dry roast to a powder.
- Mix the mustrad oil with this powder, tamarind paste and cut cucumber pieces and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve chilled.
You can keep this in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and serve as needed.
100 total views, 1 views today