Italian foods are one of the most famous global foods that everyone is obsessed with. Italian food is eaten on the dining tables of most urban Indian households. More often than not, we fall back on pizzas, pasta and risottos to satisfy our cravings for a good evening snack. There are numerous varieties to choose from among the Italian dishes in non-veg or veg. When it comes to penne, pasta, lasagne, spaghetti, macaroni, tagliatelle, and ravioli, you can even toss them in several sauces, herbs, vegetables and meats and enjoy a delicious meal. Cheese pizzas are also a favourite option for a quick meal during good family get-togethers.
Here are some of the best Italian recipes:
- Meatballs in white wine
- 1 pound/500 g meat
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- One egg
- 12 dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano cheese
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- Any flour for dredging
For Wine Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- One crushed clove of garlic
- Ten chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup white wine
For the meatballs:
- Add the meat, cheese, eggs, dried tomatoes, cottage cheese, pepper and salt to a mixing bowl.
- Mix well until all the ingredients get flavoured nicely.
- Shape the meatballs into a round shape with your hands and pat them down softly so they can get cooked nicely.
- For the wine sauce
Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic. Lightly mix the meatballs in flour or breadcrumbs.
- Add the meatballs to the frying pan.
- Add the dried tomatoes.
- Fry the meatballs until they turn golden brown from the outside.
- Add the wine to the pan and let the wine get thick.
- Cook well for 5 minutes.
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tsp white vinegar (or lemon juice)
- In a medium pot, combine milk, cream, and salt over medium heat.
- Heat milk in a pan.
- Add vinegar or lemon juice and stir to combine till the curd starts forming immediately.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest heat temperature and leave the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Insert a strainer into a large bowl and add a single layer of water-dampened cheesecloth under it.
- Use a big spoon to transfer curds into the strainer bowl and let it stand until most of the curd juice gets strained into a bowl, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer it to an airtight container and keep it up for two weeks.
Enjoy these Italian recipes and share them with your foodie family.