Kurkuri Bhindi Recipe
Bhindi or ladyfinger or okra is a green vegetable used all over India. It generally comes during the summer season, however the cold storage has meant that the vegetables can be enjoyed through the year. Bhindi has its share among the Indian dishes like bhindi do pyaza, bhindi masala and so on. Bhindi is known to contain high fiber, folate and vitamin C . So, just like any other green vegetable, it is good for health. Those of you who go to the vegetable market to pick bhindi would know how to look for quality You need to make sure that the bhindi is fairly flexible, else the vegetable would not turn out well. Just being true to creating and cooking more variety with same vegetables, I made this kurkuri bhindi. The dish is good to have as a side in your meal or may be as a snack. The crispy and crunchy nature of the preparation creates another unique way to enjoy the great taste of bhindi and creates a novel side not at all usual. I am fairly sure you will get requests to create this again and again, so bookmark this recipe for kurkuri bhindi.
Ingredients needed for Kurkuri Bhindi
- Bhindi – 250 gm
- Salt to taste
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
How to make Kurkuri Bhindi
- Wash and wipe the bhindi.
- Cut in long stripes from the middle.
- Mix all masala except salt.
- Use the above mixture to mix with bhindi in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottom pan.
- Once the oil is very hot, add the bhindi and fry till it is brown and crispy.
- Remove in a plate lined with kitchen napkin and sprinkle salt over the top.
- Serve kurkuri bhindi immediately.