In the Indian cuisine Chicken can be cooked in various varieties, it could be made more spicy, chili or rich. Different regions make different kinds of chicken with some of the southern varieties turning out really spicy while some of the northern were are spicy and some rich. Chicken can be mixed with milk and its by-products to make it less spicy and more rich and it goes well with any kind of Indian breads. Today I used milk, curd and cream to make Malai Chicken. This boneless variety made with chicken breasts turns out rich and tastes delectable. I also added some kasoori methi to bring out a distinct taste. I served it in main course and everyone enjoyed the serving with home made roti. Why don’t you also enjoy it with this simple Malai Chicken Recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Chicken breasts – 2 to 3 (cut into small cubes)
- Curd – 1/4 cup
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (grated)
- Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves (chopped)
- Onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- Milk – 1 cup
- Fresh cream – 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Kasoori Methi – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Saffron strands – 4 to 5 (optional)
How to make Malai Chicken
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 25 min.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add garlic, ginger, milk, cream, curd, salt with chicken and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Cook till gravy is slightly thickened (chicken will release some water)
- Add lemon juice, kasoori methi, saffron strands and mix well.
- Serve hot with your choice of breads.
You can marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste and curd to make it more soft, although this is not necessary.