Malpua has been traditionally served in the state of Rajasthan as a sweet delicacy. It is enjoyed by the locals and has also awed many who visit the state for tourism. Malpua’s are fairly easy to make and can be done easily at home, its basically a pancake covered all over with the sugar syrup. You can decorate it with dry fruits to make it look more appealing, it can be served as a dessert with or without rabdi. Malpua’s can be served through the day when you want and will sure cater to the sweet tooth. Just make the batter, pour it in the desi ghee, decorate and serve. Here is the wonderful Malpua recipe for you to use.
Ingredients needed for Malpua
- Maida – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 1/2 cup (warm milk should be used)
- Khoya – 1/2 cup (grated)
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Saunf- 1 tsp (ground it coarsely)
- Baking powder – a small pinch
- Desi ghee for frying
- For Sugar syrup
- Water – 1\4 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Elaichi – 2-3 ( grounded )
- Saffron – about 10 strands
How to make Malpua
- To make sugar syrup add all ingredients in a pan.
- Cook till the syrup is of one string consistency and keep aside
- Mix half of warm milk and khoya in a bowl.
- Add maida and mix.
- Add sugar, salt, saunf, baking powder and mix well.
- Add the remaining milk and mix to a smooth batter.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Mix the batter and pour about 2 tbsp in the desi ghee.
- Keep the sugar syrup by the side.
- Fry the Malpua on low heat from both the sides till golden brown.
- Remove from ghee and dip in the sugar syrup. Make all the Malpua’s
- Remove, drain and serve hot with rabdi.