How to Make Masala Chai
Indian spices are known all over the world for their aromatic and taste qualities. All of us use the spices in our daily cooking to give varied kind of tastes to our soups, starters and curries. Now what about using these spices for a garma-garam Masala Chai? This flavored tea is definitely a mood enhancer and gives energy any time of the day. We could use different spices like cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, ginger and black peppercorns to make a wonderful Masala Chai. The spices are brewed in boiling water with black tea leaves to give it a great flavor, you can add milk and sugar (or substitute) as per your personal preference. Make this chai for breakfast or serve it with pakodas , biscuits, mathri in the evening snack or just chit-chat and enjoy it with your friends and family. Use this Masala Chai Recipe to make your day!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Water – 3 cup
- Ginger – 1/2 inch piece (grated)
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch piece
- Cloves – 5 to 6
- Green cardamom – 4
- Black peppercorns – 8 to 10
- Tea leaves – 2 tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar as per taste
How to make Masala Tea
Preparation time: 5 min.
Cooking time: 10 min.
- Crush the cinnamon stick, green cardamom, cloves and black peppercorns in a mortar and pestle.
- Take water in a pan, add grated ginger and crushed spices and let it come to a boil.
- Boil it for 2-3 min.
- Add tea leaves and boil for 3-4 min.
- Add milk and sugar and boil for another min.
- Strain using a tea strainer directly into the serving cups.
- Serve hot with your choice of snacks.