Murmure or puffed rice are being sold by street vendors in India for ages, probably these are one of the lightest snack one can find. One can enjoy eating them raw or make a bhel puri like chaat with it. However today I experimented creating something different with these murmure for breakfast and I named it as Masaledar Murmure. The way I prepared this dish is very similar of making beaten rice or poha, using similar ingredients like onion, tomatoes, curry leaves and mustard seeds. The breakfast turned out really inviting and yummy and just vanished away from the serving bowl and plates. I am sure your family would also love this innovative and healthy dish. You can quickly and easily make it with this simple recipe of Masaledar Murmure.
Ingredients needed for Masaledar Murmure
- Murmure – 400gm
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/ tsp
- Curry leaves – 10 to 12
- Green chili – 2/3 (split into halves)
- Onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- Tomato – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
How to make Masaledar Murmure
- Soak murmure in water for 5 min, drain, squeeze and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, when it is hot, add mustard and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds start crackling, add onion, green chili and curry leaves, fry for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, fry for a minute.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and murmure, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with some bhujiya sev and ketchup.