Looking to make different nutritional recipes for your family is always a challenge. We generally go with regular vegetables, dals and rice most of time. But bringing some different recipes is welcome all the time and everyone enjoys the different taste. My recipe today is just that, it combines the great nutrition from methi (fenugreek) leaves and paneer in a rice pulao. This gives good nutrition in form of proteins, calcium & iron and is very delicious to eat. Methi Paneer Pulao can be made easily at home and served with some raita, achaar or chutney. Your family will love a different kind of rice and you would enjoy the great smiles. So here is Methi Paneer Pulao Recipe, enjoy the cooking and eating.
All you need is (serves 2 to 3)
- Methi leaves – 2 bunch (about 150 gms) (chopped)
- Paneer – 1 cup (cut in small cubes)
- Onion – 1/2 cup (thinly sliced)
- Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves (chopped)
- Green chili – 2 (chopped)
- Lemon juice – from 1 lemon
- Rice – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2tbsp
Methi Paneer Pulao Recipe
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 30 min.
- Brush the pan with oil and fry the paneer pieces till golden brown. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion and garlic and fry till light brown.
- Add methi leaves, green chili and fry for 1 min.
- Add rice with 2 cup water, salt, garam masala, lemon juice and cook till rice is done.
- Decorate with paneer pieces.
- Serve hot with raita.
Instead of using paneer you can also use corn or peas and make a different pulao.