Milk Cake is one of the very famous sweets in northern India. I’ve hardly found any sweet shop not selling it, as kids we used to look forward to having it as a treat. This love and fondness for it has ever grown and I keep buying it from the market every now and then. However, this time I thought of making it myself at home and it turned out just like my favourite one from the market. They can either be topped with some dry fruits or just served plain, this is a personal choice, the basic recipe is pretty much the same. Are you also longing to have some sweets at home or going to celebrate a festival? Milk Cake is definitely a good choice and easy to make. Just use this simple Milk Cake Recipe and enjoy it with a personal touch.
(makes 10 to 12 pieces)
- Milk – 1 lt
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Desi ghee – 1/2 cup
- Khoya – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Condensed milk – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom – 2 to 3
- Pistachios for garnishing
Method of Preparation
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 40 min.
- Boil the milk, when it starts to boil, add lemon juice so it curdles.
- Strain the milk to drain the water.
- Hang it in a cotton cloth so any extra water is removed and keep aside the remaining portion.
- Grind the cardamoms to make a powder, keep aside.
- Heat desi ghee in a kadhai, add the remaining milk portion with khoya, condensed milk and sugar and fry till it becomes light brown.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Rub the ghee over a plate, pour the mixture and let it settle and cool.
- Garnish with pistachios, cut in required size and shape.