Milk Peda Recipe
One can never stop wondering what all milk can be used for, be it giving a glass-full to kids, making milk shakes, having a healthy breakfast with oats and cornflakes, or making sweets. The versatility of milk is undisputed. Talking about sweets, it can be used to make Milk Peda, a simple yet delicious sweet. There is always something special about what you make yourself, and although you can make a lovely simple peda, I bought a design stamp to create a nice impression on my pedas for an enhanced appeal. You too can buy these stamps from local sweet shops, or just let your simplicity create the magic. Let’s get started!
Ingredients needed for Milk Peda
- Milk powder – 2 cups
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Condensed milk – 1 can
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Saffron – a pinch
- Almond and pistachio slivers for garnishing (optional but recommended)
How to make Milk Peda
- Mix milk powder, condensed milk and sugar in a pan.
- Heat on low flame.
- Add ghee, cardamom powder and saffron.
- Cook till the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Grease your hands with ghee and make small rounds.
- Press the rounds a little bit.
- If you have a design template, press it on top of the peda.
- Garnish with almond and pistachio slivers.