Mint is a herb which is used in many different forms like chutney, curry’s etc. It brings a nice refreshing taste in any of the dish it is part of. It even gives a nice aroma and I always find it hard to resist when I see these leaves in the vegetable shops. Even today I bought a couple of bunches and used them slightly differently. I was making paneer tikka and I mixed some mint leaves to the appetizer to make Mint Paneer Tikka. This dish anyway goes well with most of the population in India, these leaves give another star in the preparation. Use this Mint Paneer Tikka Recipe and enjoy it with your loved ones.
All you need is (serves 4)
- Paneer – 400 gms (cut in cubes)
- Mint leaves – 1/4 cup
- Dhania leaves – 1/4 cup
- Green chili – 2
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Dahi – 2 tbsp (hang it in a muslin cloth to remove the water)
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Capsicum – 1 (cut in small cubes)
- Tomato – 1 (cut in small cubes)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
Mint Paneer Tikka Recipe
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 20 min.
- Chop the mint leaves, dhania leaves and mix with dahi, lemon juice, salt, red chili powder, ginger paste and garam masala to form a consistent paste.
- Cover all over paneer cubes and leave for 1 hour in a refrigerator to marinate.
- Thread paneer, tomato and capsicum in skewers.
- Apply little oil over the grill pan.
- Grill on a grill pan till lightly browned from all sides.
- Serve hot.