This vegetable sandwich has been made famous on the roadside shops in Mumbai and hence the name Mumbai Sandwich. It can be made easily and works best for outdoor picnics or a long journey. I love to make this sandwich for breakfast and serve with tea or coffee, everybody at home enjoys them specially the kids. You can use the vegetables you like to fill in however I filled it in with the regulars like tomatoes, cucumber, onion and potato. The sandwich also includes home made coriander and mint chutney which gives a great taste to it. There is literally no cooking involved so make these whenever you are not in a mood to spend too much time in the kitchen. Let’s see this Mumbai Sandwich Recipe.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- Bread slices – 4
- Coriander & mint chutney – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Tomatoes – 1/2 cup (cut in round slices)
- Potato – 1/2 cup (boiled and cut in round slices)
- Cucumber – 1/2 cup (cut in round slices)
- Onion – 1/2 cup (cut in round slices)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
How to make Mumbai Sandwich
Preparation time: 15 min.
Making time: 5 min.
- Place the bread slices on a flat surface.
- Spread butter over two of them and on rest two spread the coriander and mint chutney.
- Over two slices place a tomato, potato, cucumber and onion slices in the order.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper powder.
- Cover with remaining two slices, cut in triangular shape.
- Serve fresh with hot tea or coffee.