Murg Kasoori Methi
Chicken is the most common non-vegetarian food consumed in India. It finds its flavors from the many spices found in different regions and states of India. Kasoori methi is one such spice made from fenugreek or methi seeds, which is grown in the central and northern states of Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Uttarakhand. This spice has a unique taste and brings out methi flavors. I used it to make Murg Kasoori Methi. The dish was thoroughly enjoyed with some nice Indian bread: in this case, the roomali roti bought from the market, but it goes equally well with homemade roti or paratha. You can use this simple Murg Kasoori Methi Recipe to make this dish and enjoy a different taste of India.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Chicken – 1 full
- Onion – 2 cups (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Dahi – 1 cup
- Tomato puree – 1/4 cup
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Kasoori Methi – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp
How to make Murg Kasoori Methi
- Heat oil in a kadhai and fry onions till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, fry for 2 min.
- Add all dry masala except kasoori methi and fry for about a min.
- Add tomato puree and fry for a min.
- Add chicken and dahi and cook till chicken is done (chicken will release water, so don’t add any more).
- Add kasoori methi and cook for about 2 min with light stirring so the flavors set in.
- Serve hot with any Indian bread.