Its the season of love and Valentine’s day is just round the corner. In this week, why not make something for your favorite special at home and enjoy a delectable dessert just between the two. Paneer Kheer could be the answer you are looking for as it can be decorated nicely with red rose flower petals, its easy to make and its sweetness complements the love. As the name suggests, this dessert is made with paneer (cottage cheese) with kesar giving its color and flavor to the milk, the dry fruits provide the ultimate garnishing with rose petals. So spend a few minutes in the kitchen for your special one with a personal touch and make this delicious dessert with this simple to follow Paneer Kheer Recipe. Enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- Full cream milk – 1/2 lt
- Paneer – 100 gms (grated)
- Sugar to taste (about 5 tsp) – Use alternate sweetener as required
- Cornflour – 2 tsp
- Kesar – 15 to 20 strands
- Dry fruits – 1/2 cup (chopped) (I used almonds, cashew nuts and pista)
- Green cardamom – 4 to 5
How to make Paneer Kheer
Preparation time: 5 min.
Cooking time: 30 min.
- Dissolve cornflour in 2 tsp milk and keep aside.
- Dry roast the dry fruits and keep aside.
- Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan until it reduces.
- Add grated paneer, sugar/ sweetener and kesar and cook for 5 min.
- Reduce the heat, add cornflour mixture and boil with constant stirring for 2 min.
- Add the dry fruits and cook for about 2 min.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Garnish with rose petals.
- Serve cool.