Paapdi Chaat Recipe
Chaat is an Indian favorite and it’s the first thing that comes to mind when we think of our evening snacks. There are lots of options to choose from: panipuri/ golgappe, dahi bhalle, tikki chaat, paapdi chaat and so many more. Paapdi chaat is my personal favorite. I love the crunchy, the sweet, the sour and the hot – all the flavors combined in a single dish. It is fairly easy to make as well and you can easily replicate the taste of your favorite chaat waala at home. Ready-made paapdis are very easily available in the market and it takes just a few minutes to assemble this delicious chaat. It is also a good option when you have guests at home. Just keep all the ingredients ready and assemble when you are ready to eat. So, go ahead and make a platter for your evening snack. Here is the recipe.
Ingredients needed for Paapdi Chaat
- Dry paapdi – 20-25
- Curd – 1 cup (whisked)
- Sweet chutney – 3 tbsp
- Coriander chutney – 3 tbsp
- Boiled potato – 1 (cubed)
- Onion – 1\2 cup (finely chopped)
- Sev – 1\4 cup
- Fresh coriander – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Green chili – 1 (chopped)
- Pomegranate seeds – 1\4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder
- Roasted cumin powder
How to make Paapdi Chaat
- Arrange the paapdi in a platter.
- Top them with boiled potatoes and chopped onion.
- Add whisked, smooth curd on top generously.
- Add the green coriander chutney and sweet chutney.
- Sprinkle salt, roasted cumin powder and red chili powder.
- Sprinkle sev on top and garnish with fresh coriander, green chili and pomegranate seeds.
- Make the paapdi chaat only when ready to eat, otherwise it will become soggy and not taste well.
- Use chilled curd rather than that at room temperature.
- You can adjust all the ingredients according to your taste.