Chaat is an Indian favorite and it’s the first thing that comes to mind when we think of our evening snacks. There are lots of options to choose from: panipuri/ golgappe, dahi bhalle, tikki chaat, paapdi chaat and so many more. Paapdi chaat is my personal favorite. I love the crunchy, the sweet, the sour and the hot – all the flavors combined in a single dish. It is fairly easy to make as well and you can easily replicate the taste of your favorite chaat waala at home. Ready-made paapdis are very easily available in the market and it takes just a few minutes to assemble this delicious chaat. It is also a good option when you have guests at home. Just keep all the ingredients ready and assemble when you are ready to eat. So, go ahead and make a platter for your evening snack. Here is the recipe.
Ingredients needed for Paapdi Chaat
- Dry paapdi – 20-25
- Curd – 1 cup (whisked)
- Sweet chutney – 3 tbsp
- Coriander chutney – 3 tbsp
- Boiled potato – 1 (cubed)
- Onion – 1\2 cup (finely chopped)
- Sev – 1\4 cup
- Fresh coriander – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Green chili – 1 (chopped)
- Pomegranate seeds – 1\4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder
- Roasted cumin powder
How to make Paapdi Chaat
- Arrange the paapdi in a platter.
- Top them with boiled potatoes and chopped onion.
- Add whisked, smooth curd on top generously.
- Add the green coriander chutney and sweet chutney.
- Sprinkle salt, roasted cumin powder and red chili powder.
- Sprinkle sev on top and garnish with fresh coriander, green chili and pomegranate seeds.
- Make the paapdi chaat only when ready to eat, otherwise it will become soggy and not taste well.
- Use chilled curd rather than that at room temperature.
- You can adjust all the ingredients according to your taste.