This one is sure to impress the kids and equally can be an ultimate option for a potluck party or a picnic, In fact, it is also a good option for an easy-going lunch or snack at the office. Pasta is slowly getting a strong hold in the Indian market and the number of creations keeps increasing. So when you desire to have a light salad after a few continuous days of deep-fried and oily stuff, Pasta Salad comes in pretty handy. As pasta comes in various shapes, I chose one to get the kids interested in salads and used Farfalle, the bow tie shape or butterfly-shaped pasta. Few healthy vegetable cuts like cherry tomatoes, multi-color bell peppers, olives and so on give this a good nutritional quotient. The Pasta Salad has an inviting appeal and with a mayonnaise dressing tastes just great. Use this simple recipe to get your kids to start looking forward to salads and impress your friends at your next potluck.
Ingredients needed for Pasta Salad
- Farfalle pasta – 1 cup
- Broccoli florets – 2 tbsp ( blanched )
- Red bell pepper – 2 tbsp ( cut into thin slices )
- Black olives – 3-4
- Cherry tomatoes – 5-6
- Mayonnaise – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
How to make Pasta Salad
- Boil the pasta according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Make salad dressing by mixing mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, black pepper and olive oil in a bowl.
- Mix boiled pasta, broccoli florets, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes and olives inn a bowl.
- Pour the dressing on top of the salad.
- Mix well
- Serve chilled.