Over last few years, salads have exceptionally evolved in India, from cutting various nice shapes of cucumbers and tomatoes to having more international style salads. This evolution is clearly visible in restaurant buffets, weddings where appealing salads with fancy names are served. Pasta salad is one such evolution which has entered the Indian market in a big way.
Today, I made Penne Pasta Salad for which I have used the grounded herbs easily available in super markets like oregano, thyme and rosemary, however you can choose amongst a good variety available in stores. These herbs blend their flavours very well with the pasta salad and give an unforgettable taste. The red and yellow bell peppers with broccoli give a colourful appeal to it while olive oil and red wine vinegar gels with the taste of everything other ingredient. The salad can be served during lunch or dinner decorated in a nice bowl and it is sure to appeal to your guests. So make a different salad at home today with this recipe.
- Penne Pasta – 2 cup
- Onion – 1/2 cup chopped
- Bell peppers – 1/4 cup chopped
- Broccoli – 1/2 cup chopped
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Red wine vinegar – 2 tsp
- Mustard sauce – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Grounded black pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Mixed Italian herbs – 1 tsp (you could mix together oregano, thyme, rosemary which are available in small packs)
Method of Preparation
- Boil the pasta according to manufacturer’s information on pack.
- Add pasta, broccoli, onions, bell peppers in a bowl.
- In a smaller bowl mix olive oil, herbs, red wine vinegar, mustard sauce, salt and black pepper.
- Mix with the pasta and vegetables and refrigerate a couple of hours.
- Serve and enjoy your Penne Pasta Salad!